mac mail setup
ATTN WireDog customers: substitue wiredog.com anytime lingonetworks.net is used.
- Open MAC Mail.
- Click the "Mail" tab in the menu (highlighted red).
- Click "Preferences."
- In the "Accounts" window, select your Lingo email account (highlighted green), and then select "Account Information" (highlighted red).
- Verify "Enable this account" is checked.
- Ensure your full Lingo email address is typed into the "Email Address" box and mail.lingonetworks.net is typed into the "Incoming Mail Server" box.
- Verify your full Lingo email address is typed into the "User Name" box and that your email account password is typed in the "Password" box.
- Click on box next to "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)", and then select "Edit SMTP Server List" at bottom of list.
- Ensure your Lingo email address is highlighted under the "In Use By Account" tab (highlighted red).
- Under the "Account Information" tab, verify your "Server Name" is smtp.lingonetworks.net and "None" is selected for "TLS Certificate."
- Click the "Advanced" tab next to "Account Information."
- Verify that "Use default ports (25, 465, 587)" is selected, and "Use Secure Socket Layer (SSL)" is unchecked.
- If SSL reverts to being unchecked, proceed.
- Select "Password" for "Authentication."
- Ensure your full Lingo email address is typed in the "User Name" box and your password is typed in the "Password" box.
- Click "OK."
- Click the "Advanced" tab (highlighted blue).
- Verify that port 143 is typed into the "Port" box, "Use SSL" is unchecked and "Password" is selected for "Authentication."
- Click the red "x" button in the top left corner of the Accounts window to save these updated settings.
- A "Verify Certificate" window will appear informing you that "The identity of 'mail.lingonetworks.net' cannot be verified."
- Click "Show Certificate."
- In the drop down menu that appears, click the small triangle next to "Trust."
- For the "When using this certificate:" box, select "Always Trust."
- Click "Connect" in the bottom right corner of the "Verify Certificate" window.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter your device password.
- Enter your password in the "Password" box, and click "Update Settings."
- Your updated settings are now saved.